Friday 31 August 2012

Cat Nails!

 Those of you with pets/cats will understand this post completely.
Those of you without will think I'm well on my way to becoming the craziest cat lady.
And you might be right.

There's no way of writing this without sounding a bit mental so I'm just gunna tell you outright.
I painted my cats on my nails.
I saw something similar on Pinterest and pinned it to my Nail Inspiration Board then went about stalking my cats to get good enough photographs of them to work from.

Anyway, here they are.





This is Tiff. She is our eldest at approximately 3/4 years old. She is also Ruby's Mummy.
We are not sure how old she is exactly because we rescued her when some nasty old neighbors moved out and left her, also she is a small cat so her age is just a guess on what the vet has been able to tell us. She is gorgeous and very much a Daddy's girl. She will tolerate sitting on my lap if MrGT is unavailable but she will turn her back to me and not enjoy it one bit!



This is Suzie who will be two on Halloween. We got her as a kitten when someone we know discovered her male cats were in fact not male. And both pregnant. We only agreed to have one kitten as some company for Tiff but ended up taking Suzie and her sister who we named Roxie home with us. They were inseparable and MrGT couldn't bare to part them. He denies this now, but I remember clearly him saying to me 'But look, they go everywhere together, we can't take just one'. Unfortunately Roxie was run over about a year and a half a go the morning we went on holiday. We had just moved and hadn't let the cats out yet as Tiff was an indoor cat (by her own choosing) and the kittens weren't quite old enough yet. But they all managed to get out through the kitchen window one night. Tiff and Suzie stayed in the garden but Roxie went for a wander. We were devastated, she was my baby :-(. 


This is Ruby the baby. She has just turned one. The night the cats escaped and Roxie was run down, Tiff was 'caught' by a boy cat. About 9 weeks later she went into labour, gave birth to one tiny stillborn kitten then the labour stopped. We were very worried about her and called the vet (late at night) who told us we could be in for an all nighter but if she hadn't shown any more signs of labour by morning to bring her in. I barely slept that night, spent most of the time with my hand on her belly trying to feel the other kittens moving, which they were! As soon as we could the next morning we called the vet who told us to bring her in, she was examined and they heard a kitten heartbeat so decided to do a kitty C section on her. We waited hours to hear anything then finally they called to say she had 3 kittens, Tiffy was fine but two of the kittens were very tiny and weak and things weren't looking good for them. they called extra staff in to keep rubbing them and feeding them as Tiffy had no milk come in for them and by the evening we were allowed to take them home! We had to feed the kittens by hand every two hours until Tiffy was able to feed them herself which was only a few days. Ruby was the smallest kitten who they thought we would lose, but now she is a Mummy's girl and a fidget bum in bed!


Ruby having a 3am feed the day she was born. They are MrGT's hairy arms not mine!


So there you go, my cats, on my nails.
Any other crazy cat ladies out there? Or crazy pet owners in general?
I'm a sucker for any animal really!

Colours used are - 
Barry M Berry Ice Cream.
Models Own Nail Art Pen in Black.
Barry M Matt White, Mushroom, Yellow, Peach Melba and Mint Green.

♥ A ♥


48 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing! Love them and your cats are lovely. I really love cats but my OH doesnt and won't let me get one haha
    Gem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gem! Aw what a shame, MrGT was more of a dog person but as soon as we took Tiff in she took a liking to him and he is a closet cat person now lol x

      Delete
  2. your nails are incredible hun!your cats are so sweet,I'm a crazy cat lady too. I only have one at the mo but I would like more as they are such beautiful pets! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a sign in my hallway that says 'Cats are like potato chips, you can't have just one!' It's so very true! x

      Delete
  3. OMG! Do a step by step pleasssseee <3 it's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are lovely and your cats are goegeous! The picture of Ruby as a kitten made me squeak a bit. I'm sorry about Roxie, I had a cat who just disappeared one day and never came back.. every day the hope of him returning got smaller and smaller. It was really sad. He actually looked very similar to Suzie! I might paint my cats on my nails one day soon, I've been meaning to do it for a while =) I'll link the post to you when I get around to it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sorry to hear about your cat :-( My mums cat did the same it's so heartbreaking! Please do share the link I'd love to see it when you do xx

      Delete
  5. Wow amazing design! You're very talented x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, what a lovely post and fabulous nails, love your kitties too =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it! And you did a little cat face =^.^= Will use this all the time now love it! xx

      Delete
    2. Hee hee, big it up for the Kitties!!! Would love to try this mani based on my fur babies, but lack your talent, thanks for sharing =^.^=

      Delete
  7. Wow, they are so good! And you cats are lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing wrong with being a crazy cat lady (although I think we're all crazy nail ladies round here) - especially when it gives you such a cool mani.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute!

    mailto:vaseline@unileverconsumerlink.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! Although I could never do it and your cats are so precious <3
    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are absolutely incredible :D I love the nail with Ruby on, so so good :)

    Charlee, MYSTRINGALING
    http://mystringaling.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this nail design on pinterest too and always thought it was a great idea!

    They are sooo darn cute, love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet! I love your mani, and your kitties are adorable. I have 3 cats too. Your Ruby looks like 2 of mine, LB and Amadeus. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Amadeus, now that's an amazing name for a cat! :-) x

      Delete
  14. Excellent! I absolutely love the nails and the pictures of the cats too, very cute. LOL I'm a crazy cat lady too! I have 3. Two pure white ones (mummy and baby) and a totally bonkers Bengal boy. They all have their own wee personalities, it's so cool that they are all very different. I'd have another Bengal if hubby would let me hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your cats sound beautiful! You can never have too many cats, just sneak another in there, he may never notice! x

      Delete
  15. Words can't even describe how awesome these are!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are absolutely adorable. I found your blog through the BBU Blog Hop and I am so glad that I did. I have two cats but i don't think my attempt at painting their picture onto my nails would look anything like them haha

    Jessica
    http://powderblue1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw this mani is fab and I love the pics of your kitties x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so amazing, and cats are adorable, we can let you off being a crazy cat lady :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful, you're amazing. I admit to shedding a tear reading your baby's stories, and gave a hug to my own kitty to remember why we have these wonderful companions. I just keep staring in awe at how perfect your nail art is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is one of the nicest comments I've ever received and it's made my day! xx

      Delete
  20. I LOVE this! I pinned that cat nail art pic on Pinterest on my board as well-ha! And I am the proud owner of two fur babies so I completely understand your love/obsession with them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, your nails are so lovely and your cats are gorgeous too! (Ruby has similar markings to my cat, but he is not a dainty lady, he is a HUGE boy!) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing and so damn lovely!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Alexis they are beautiful cats, absolutely adorable! I have one, Puss Puss - we took in a rescue dog recently who doesn't like cats, but I think him & Puss Puss have come to an agreement because they don't really bother each other now :) Fabulous mani xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are darling! I am a crazy cat lady on the inside; I couldn't stand losing any more, so the last one was my Fuzzlebummybear. His real name was Garfield, but he was such a Fuzzlebummybear! I am a crazy nail polish lady on the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I honestly can't believe these are hand painted! They look amazing. You're so creative. I'd love to do things like this but don't have the imagination or steady hand! Great blog. Found you through the BBloggers Unite blog hop thing!
    Claire x
    www.prettywithapunch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love cats we used to have three, these are incredible it's hard to believe they are hand painted. xxx

    www.simplybeauty123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. PARABENS PELO BLOG! ADOREI E JA ESTOU TE SEGUINDO!

    www.lupapodemulher.com.br
    www.lupapodeblog.com.br

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...