Friday 12 October 2012

Models Own - Hayley's Comet - Swatch and Review

The moment I saw this polish on Twitter I went straight to the Models Own website and ordered it.


Then as soon as it arrived, I put it on my nails!



This is Models Owns newest addition to their duo-chrome collection, Beetle Juice.
It is a difficult shade to describe, to me it's copper with a green/gold duo-chrome shift, with the occasional, very subtle flash of blue/purple. The duo-chrome is more apparent in the bottle than it is on the nail which might be disappointing to some but I like that about this polish. In some lights the duo-chrome makes the colour look almost like a shimmery taupe/nude shade. 
Very pretty!



It's such a lovely Autumn shade for days when you just don't fancy wearing a dark colour on your nails, or if you're just not into the darker nail polish shades.

The application was lovely as you would expect from Models Own, you can see the odd brush stroke but I only noticed because I looked for it, which let's face it, no normal person would actually do!
I have two coats of Hayley's Comet with one coat of Seche Vite on in the photos. I could still see nail line in some lights but one more coat would sort that out if visible nail line is something that bothers you. We all have our pet peeves!

(Direct Sunlight)


I'm really quite taken with this polish, it's not like anything else in my collection, which is always a relief!

You can purchase this little beaut on the Models Own website HERE for £5, or if you like your duo-chromes and have not yet got any of the other Beetle Juice shades then I suggest you grab the box set HERE for £20, you won't regret it! I've also heard that some people have seen Hayley's Comet in their local Boots store also for £5.

♥ A ♥

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I been waiting for a swatch of this! Gorgeous!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a gorgeous colour!!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, not quite what I expected but so pretty x

      Delete
  3. Just as I finished my Beetlejuice collection they bring out another. That is NEVER right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I had just bought the missing few in the 50% off sale then they bring this one out! x

      Delete
  4. This shade is GORGEOUS I'm definitely gonna have to get it...it's perfect for autumn!!

    franleanne.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely autumnal shade but I think it will be lovely all year round too x

      Delete
  5. Yaaaaay! I picked this up a few days ago! It just didn't feel right not adding this to my Beetlejuice collection. Also got some of the Wonderlands too....Oh Models Own, please stop releasing so many pretty polish's! Lol!

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to get some Wonderlands but I'm trying to show some self restraint lol x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...