Friday 24 May 2013

Neon 80's Nails - Nail Art

First of all I'd like to apologise for my absence yesterday, my internet disappeared off for a day and I hadn't yet scheduled the post I had planned. It's just as well really as I have decided to take a slightly different route with it so now I have the weekend to tweek a few things ready for next week!

Anyway, today I have some 80's/90's style nails for you.
They weren't intended to be 80's/90's it just happened that way, but I really liked them anyway.






I used Barry M Matt White as the base then taped off random triangles with normal cellotape and used China Glaze Hang-Ten Toes and Surfin' For Boys on alternate nails. When that was dry I taped off the lines and used Barry M Black. I felt it needed a bit of sparkle so I added some silver Glequins from the Born Pretty Store (review HERE) and finished with a coat of Seche Vite.

 Like I said, I never intended for them to have an 80's/90's feel at all. It started as an abstract colour blocking idea I had but I just love the way it turned out. They remind me a bit of the Misfits from Jem and the Holograms!

♥ A ♥

17 comments:

  1. Love it!! :)

    http://todoslosesmaltessonpocos.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an amazing manicure, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them :) gorgeous combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how bright these colours are and I really like how you did the black lines in the opposite direction and crossing over the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this, it definitely has that 80's vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative!! makes me think of the 80s too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesss these are awesome! A pair of dungarees and you're good to go ;) xoxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative! I found you through the BBU Blog Hop and decided to follow. Great blog! Check mine out?

    http://sincerelyella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW your nail art is amazing! I'm terrible at it. This looks so pretty.

    Kristie from Kristie Blogs Beauty //
    Follow me on blog lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are super pretty, wish i could do that!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha yeah this is very 80's like! :D it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is awesome and so fun looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is perf. I just followed :) Maybe you could check out mine ! http://beautyandmarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...