Saturday 1 September 2012

Blog Awards

I'm so rubbish at these!
I've been nominated for a few and each time I think to myself 'I will do that this week' then I forget.
So sorry to all who have very kindly nominated me, I haven't ignored it and it's very much appreciated, I'm just a bit crap at remembering them!

I'm going to start with the Beautiful Blogger Award I was given by Caz 'n' Polish on the 2nd of August!



Rules:

1. Thank the person that nominated you and link their blog.

Like I said it was the lovely Caz 'n' Polsh who nominated me. Thank you very much!
And go take a look at her blog, I really enjoy reading it!

2. Tell us how the idea of making a blog popped up and what makes you continue it?

I have been following blogs since 2009 when I started planning my wedding.
I decided I wanted to do my own make up so started researching it. I came across loads of lovely beauty blogs and started following. I fell in love with make up again and went for owning one mascara, eyeliner and foundation to being obsessed with trying everything. I had a little make up blog for a while but I didn't love it, so I stopped.
It was Leanne at Do Not Refreeze who got me interested in nail art and it is still one of my favourite blogs to read. After a while I started thinking about starting a nail blog then at the beginning of this year I decided to go for it.
And this time I love what I'm writing about!

3. Describe a usual day in your life.

Ooh it's so dull! I get up, feed, wash and dress the kids, feed, wash and dress myself. Then if it's a school day I do the school run, come home, make a cup of tea, read some blogs, answer emails, check Facebook, Twitter etc. Do some housework, have lunch, I might pop out to do the shopping or see my Mum. Go get the kids, come home, feed them again, do their reading with them, wait for MrGT to come in, have dinner, bath kids, put them in bed, feed cats, collapse from exhaustion/go back on the computer for a repeat of Blog, Email, Facebook, Twitter checking. 
Recently in the evenings my best friend has been coming round and we have been watching her boxsets of NCIS, or i'll do her nails. 
If it's not a school day replace the school runs and everything in between with cleaning and tidying up after the kids and trips to the park!

4. The best collaboration with a blogger.

I have never collaborated with another blogger, but would love to at some point!

5. Worst collaboration with a blogger.

As above! But I can't imagine there being a bad one, everyone I have spoken to so far has been nothing but lovely!

6. Describe what having a blog means to you.

It gives me confidence in my abilities. It pushes me to be more creative and it gives me somewhere I can talk freely about nail polish to people who want to listen and who are interested. And I like finding and reading new blogs through people who follow me and leave lovely comments! I've found some of my favourite blogs this way!

7. Nominate five other bloggers.

This is the hard bit. Just five? Ok I nominate...

Katie at Missy's Mani's
Maria Veronica at Diamond In Rouge
Chrissie at +10 Kapow

...because I love reading all their blogs and they are all such lovely ladies!

♥ A ♥





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations and thank you for nominating me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgosh, i have just noticed you nominated me. Thank you sooo much. Love your blog. Where does everybody find out about these blogger awards?

    :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on blogging awards - I always feel bad for not participating :( I love your blog though so I'm glad others love it as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...