Thursday 2 August 2012

Makeup Savvy 15 Day Nail Challenge - Day 2 - Pattern

Day 2 of the Makeup Savvy 15 Day Nail Challenge is Pattern.
When I think of pattern I always think of tribal prints. We studied them in Art when I was in senior school, I honestly don't remember much about it other than I loved the homework we got assigned which was to draw our house using the different patterns to represent texture. It's was so therapeutic.
I've been avoiding trying Tribal Nails for ages as I was quite frankly intimidated by the thought of that much detail on such a tiny surface and making it look good!
So for my first attempt I tried to keep it simple.





I used two coats of Barry M Shocking Pink as my base colour then added the pattern using Barry M Black, Gold Foil and a nameless White that came from a french manicure set I was given.

It's wonky and imperfect but I like it!
Tomorrows theme is Chic and I have no idea what to do!

You don't have to have a blog to enter and you don't even have to join in for everyday, Fee from Makeup Savvy has explained what to do if you don't have a blog HERE and has also revealed the prizes you could win!

♥ A ♥ 

16 comments:

  1. These look great - you've done an amazing job :) I love these colours together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really loved yours too, I've never got round to trying the acid wash effect x

      Delete
  2. These are adorable, really tribal!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these nails! Wish my hand was steady enough to do this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was quite therapeutic to do once I got into it! :)

      Delete
  4. This is so super pretty and neat!! How long does it takes you to create a design like this!
    Love it!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janine! It took me roughly an hour from start to end for this one, most of that time was spent waiting for polish to dry before I could move on to the next part! X

      Delete
  5. I completely love this pattern! Great colour choice too :) I'll have to join in this challenge on a few of the days - so sad I don't have time to paint my nails every day :( I've nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger Award xx http://caznpolish.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caz, you should definitely try and join in for a couple of days! And thank you so much for the award! xx

      Delete
  6. Your pictures are always so great - what are your secrets?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No secrets here though, I take my photos sat on my bed in front of my window with my digital camera on the macro setting, I don't even remember how I turned the macro setting on! :)

      Delete
  7. I found you on the BBU Blog Hop and I am so glad I am! I love your blog and those nails are PHENOMENAL!

    Please come and do my nails for me?! Lol. Shocking Pink is goegeous in itself though... may have to pick that up... hmm. Lol.

    http://itskerrysbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kerry! Shocking Pink is a must have pink! :) x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...