Monday 28 January 2013

Glitter Tips Gleeq Week - Born Pretty Store 'Glequins'


As I mentioned in yesterdays post this week is 'Gleeq Week' on Glitter Tips.
I was kindly sent a 12 pack of 'Glequins' from Born Pretty Store to review and I had so much fun using them I thought I'd make a week long series of posts.


For those of you who don't know what 'Glequins' are I will explain the best I can.
They are hexagonal pieces of glitter that come in many different. They were dubbed 'Glequins' by Sammy at The Nailasaurus as she felt they were to large to be called glitter but too small to be called sequins, so using both the words 'glitter' and 'sequin' she coined the term 'Glequin'. And it stuck!


I find the best method of applying these fiddly little things is to first apply your base colour and wait for that to dry. Then apply a coat of normal, not fast dry, topcoat or clear polish and use the end of an orange stick dipped in topcoat/clear polish to pick up the 'Glelquins' and gently place onto the wet/tacky nail. I then finish with another coat of the normal topcoat and a coat of my Seche Vite Fast Dry top coat, mainly because my nails don't feel finished without it now, but also because it leaves the surface nice and smooth for extra sparkle. And boy do these sparkle!

My first 'Glequin' look is after the jump!








I wanted to use as many of the colours from the pack of 12 as I could so I applied two coats of Barry M Black then went about applying the Glequins. I didn't have any particular order that I applied in, I was focussing more on keeping them straight to be honest but I really like the stained glass/rainbow fish scale/disco ball look to it. They catch the light beautifully and have so much sparkle.

The pack I was sent (HERE) costs $6.45 with free delivery.
If you are thinking of buying these or anything else from the Born Pretty Store then they have kindly given me a 10% discount code for you to use which is QPL91.
I will always have the code up in my side bar should you ever wish to use it!


See you tomorrow for Day 2 of Gleeq Week!

♥ A ♥

18 comments:

  1. It looks veeeery good! I am glad you have this gleeq week because I just purchased some glequins myself! :) Maybe I'll get some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty, would not be able to get them that straight!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, once you get the hang of it it gets easier, still tricky though x

      Delete
  3. This looks SO amazing!!! It looks like a lot of effort was put in, but it was definitely worth it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely time consuming but like you said the outcome is worth it! x

      Delete
  4. Wooowwww, these look so awesome! I'd never want to take them off though after all that hard work putting them on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, your nails look great, you must have lots of patience, well worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my lord! time and patience this manicure screams! Great job!! I like it alot

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunnig, love the 'stained glass' effect. I would not have the paience for this at all (but what a pay off for it!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, I love the stained glass look it has too x

      Delete
  8. Love this look. I ordered some glequins from Born Pretty Store a little while ago - waiting patiently for them to arrive so that I can do something like you have. Really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is gorgeous! I now need to get me some of those glequins. Glequins and the patience of a saint!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an amazing job with those! Your nails look perfect :) Must have taken you ages! I did a similar one on my daughter's nails with a different colour glequin on each nail and matching undies - went down very well at college lol xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...